Sunday, July 1, 2012

Reality Keeps Creeping In

Although I continue to distract myself with "things I need to do before my big road trip"  reality keeps knocking at my door.

For instance, today I came home and there were two BIG BOXES on my bed.
I know that inside of one is a CAMP STOVE.
I know inside of the other one is a CAMP SKILLET.
Did I really sell my good dishes and pack away my pots and pans for a CAMP STOVE and SKILLET???

What was I thinking?

Is there some kind of new crisis that has been added to the baby boomer generation in order to accentuate the 10 years that have been added to our life span? Some new crisis that will help keep us from ignoring our good fortune?

Fortune??  Going through the mid life crisis at 40 and again at 60 +!

Our generation went through the Viet Nam Crisis, the Kent State crisis, the consciences objector crisis and the women's lib crisis, marching, burning the draft cards, and of course, bras. We went through the natural childbirth era and reinstated breast feeding.  We could not be woman enough.  We have enjoyed viable careers and been treated more equally than any previous generation.  Naturally this lead so some internal struggle of work vs. family...the identity
 crisis.

I suppose, if I'm lucky enough to have an extra 10 years added to my life span it is only fair to struggle with a new crisis.  A what to do with it crisis.  Camp stove or no camp stove, skillet or no skillet, it must be a crisis of fortune.

But what shall I call it?
A  3/4 life crisis.  
The waning moon crisis.  
The adventures of the waning moon.  

You can chime in anytime.  What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment